Twenty20 will be the official death bell for cricket as we know. It’s just a matter of time that One day and Test Matches are brought to their knees. I can see something like MLB taking place in India within the next few years. There are many factors which kicks in to support this case, some which I might add could be for the better
1. People might retire early, because they get the same kind of money with fewer cricket matches.
2. Twenty20 is easier to sell than others.
3. There are only 2 countries where cricket is both fun and makes money. Australia and India (Make be the other Asian countries, but countries by themselves are so volatile). If India starts Twenty20 where else the players are going to play?
4. In India, it will bring in discipline, and no state politics and north-south divide.
5. BCCI monopoly will be subdued.
Being a guy who loves cricket, I am little bit sad to see the demise of One day and Test matches, but I guess these changes are good for the future of cricket.